How to correct the render, then paint?

r_c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
(I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I was not sure where to post it, or even the title to use.)

We need to get someone in to finish the outside of the house, and I don't really know what sort of trade I need to do this: general builder, decorator, renderer, etc? Could you please tell me what sort of trade I should look for to do this work.

I hope the picture below captures the problem, I'll try and explain.

We have added an extension that has been rendered (not yet painted). The existing house was part rendered part brick (top half render, bottom half brick). One of the previous owners has applied a textured paint over the original render. It looks a bit like artex and it is pealing.

How do we make all the rendering uniform, and then paint it?

There seems so much to fix. In the original part of the builder we have some strange artex-like paint that is blistering in parts, some smooth original plaster where the artex-like stuff has fallen off, and some patches where windows were changed. And then there is the new extension which has rendering (although not as smooth as the original 1930s rendering).

Can you please advise on what options I have, what you would recommend, and what sort of person I need Google for in my local area.

Thank you.

Left is original house, right is extension.

Sponsored Links
You may want to look at getting someone in to advise on going over the whole lot with a synthetic render/thin coat render system. So plastering/rendering people.

• Thanks
Reactions: r_c

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back