does God exist....or is dillusion make your own mind up

There is no 'first human'...but the explanation will get a bit complicated.

Will it now.

What a patronising, egotistic and narcissistic thing to say.

When you have more time and can explain to us fools, prey do let us know in syllables of less than two dear boy.
:rolleyes:

what a .........!

I already explained
OK...this is what i mean by complicated. When does a human become a human? At what part of it's evolutionary progress does it change to 'human'? it is a man made tag, which can mean many things to different people.
You have to understand evolution to see what i mean.

I meant it would be complicated to anyone who couldn't understand why there are still monkeys around if evolution was true.

I should have said, this is going to be really simple but you are still not likely to understand it...but that would be a bit mean.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I should have said, this is going to be really simple but you are still not likely to understand it...but that would be a bit mean.
That's never stopped you before!

Yeah, and look what a s**tstorm that caused...being honest didn't seem to be appreciated.
As you can probably tell from some of my very recent posts, I've calmed down since our 'Huntley' discussion. I have a few things 'on my plate' at the minute (I won't go into them here), but I suppose it's brought all this into perspective.

Now, I didn't suggest you shouldn't be honest skitz. I was referring to the term you used, 'that would be a bit mean'. Let's be 'honest' with each other skitz, we can be 'honest', without being 'mean'. There are 'ways' of saying things that achieve the same result but are more acceptable to the recipients. It's about empathising with a situation and not just applying pure logic. If we were standing together discussing something one to one then yes, pure logic may well be appropriate but this is an open forum and as such pure logic is not always the best/right way to apply an argument and/or conduct a discussion (depending on the topic of course).

An example: You annoyed me with your 'wording' on the Huntley thread (SAD NEWS thread). And I know we've been through all this and I DO NOT intend to make this into a slagging match so please read on.

If someone kills someone else then it is undeniable that they are a killer. However, in our theoretical scenario of the parents of the girls killing Huntley, there is a world of difference between Huntley and the Parents. To make a statement like 'if someone KILLED Huntley they would be no better than Huntley as they had killed', is bound to cause friction. You went on to say that they'd both be killers but we may 'understand why they (the parents), did it'. But it's your original 'wording' skitz. That's what I'm taking issue with. As I have said above, they would obviously both be 'killers', that is undeniable. Saying that they are 'no better than Huntley', is, to use your word, 'mean'. Despite statements I have made calling you an idiot, you are obviously not an idiot and as such I apologise for that. Indeed from your posts it would appear that you are an intelligent person and I believe you CAN see how your choice of words in that particular discussion is/was mean and inflammatory.

As I said, I DO NOT want to start a slagging match. Apart from anything else, I haven't the energy!

As I said, I DO NOT want to start a slagging match. Apart from anything else, I haven't the energy!

Blas, I should have been clearer in what I was saying, maybe "In the eyes of the law" should have been inserted in there.

My post on that subject was mainly aimed at the baying crowd unashamedly calling for blood and death while pretending they were doing this in the name of justice.

I can understand and excuse this kind of behaviour from those involved, as it is a perfectly normal response, but those not involved seemed to use it as an excuse to glory in the bloody attack of someone, who in my eyes i would class as evil, but serving his sentence.

Like I have said previously, I do not try to cause offence in anything I say however I don't hold back legitimate views to save anyone offence either, i just have strong opinions.
Anyway, fresh start.

Debating gods existence is pretty pointless since even if it were possible to prove beyond any doubt that there is no god then 'faith' [which requires no proof]would not be altered one jot.

Religion is for those with no faith in themselves. ;)

Debating gods existence is pretty pointless since even if it were possible to prove beyond any doubt that there is no god then 'faith' [which requires no proof]would not be altered one jot.

Classic, :LOL:

My God is bigger than your God - what a bag of ******.

Any religion IMO is mere escapism from reality, so there.

Anyway God as I was saying.........................:cool:

Classic,
mypic_1270745815.jpg

Ha Ha its the biggest con ever pulled, sorry if that offends but i get offended with people knocking my door trying to convert me :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back