does someone has experience with salus ep 210 programmer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I bought a salus ep 210 programmer and asked an electrician to fix it for me. He did all the wiring and at the end he told me that the programmer I bought seem to be faulty. He proved the point by directly connecting live and neutral to the programmer and indeed the LCD screen was not on at all.
So I went back to b&q and replaced one. This time I tried the replacement myself before getting that electrician in again by connecting neutral and live using choc box. To my surprise, the LCD screen is still off.
Now I am wondering could there be something my electrician and I both missed? Maybe there is a hidden switch or something?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
I modified a system with one of these on and I didn't have any problem when re-commissioning. It powered up OK on its own. Assuming that there is not a problem with the 230v supply, you could try a factory reset. There is a small button on the front, under the flap that can only be pressed with something tiny. [I use an unfolded paperclip] Press this whilst it is powered up, and it should reset everything to the default settings.

He proved the point by directly connecting live and neutral to the programmer and indeed the LCD screen was not on at all.

What was the recorded voltage when testing with a multimeter ?

Try the reset button.leave it for 5 minutes.

Sponsored Links
Thats a nice round number,

Polarity check ok ?
My guess is that my connector (the choc box) may not connect to the programmer properly? think I will grab some more advanced tool from work and play bit more.

yes the instructions are very missleading as they show the back plate from the wall side not the front, but you have the L&N the wrong way around

I dont think they are Rob cant really remember but had a look at the MIs and for some obscure reason the terminals are indeed shown viewing from the back rather than as you look at them.

Just had a goosey at the MI Ian, yup you're right, it is backwards in the diagram for the wiring as against how it's mounted on the wall but if you look closely at the picture on page 6, the L & N terminals are marked, so would assume the others are numbered.

Someone needs to tell Salus how shlt their manual and how backward their wiring setup is :sneaky:

Just had a goosey at the MI Ian, yup you're right, it is backwards in the diagram for the wiring as against how it's mounted on the wall but if you look closely at the picture on page 6, the L & N terminals are marked, so would assume the others are numbered.

Someone needs to tell Salus how shlt their manual and how backward their wiring setup is :sneaky:
we are talking about Salus here Rob, they are absolute shoite, I use the cheap dial stat that they have the wireless one but nothing else, the older ones love it , they turn it up the neon comes on they turn it down the neon goes off, far too many controls are far too complicated these days and lots of customers cant understand them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back