Does sport still need a slot on the news?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'll admit I'm biased when it comes to this because I have very little interest in most spectator sports.

But, why does sport still require a slot on the news? There are plenty of news channels dedicated to the subject so it seems superfluous. The last few times i've had the news on i've almost cringed when the subject has changed from serious stories to what a certain football manager etc. has been up to recently.

I understand the reason for stories regarding the world cup / Olympics as they have political connotations, but does everyone really need to know how x are doing in the premiership?

Maybe the best way to read the news is on the internet, choosing subjects of interest, much like this forum.

/ramble

Sponsored Links
no.

give it its own program, 04:00 - 04:15 on channel 620.

‹(•¿•)›

Sponsored Links
much like this forum.

news...

i dont think so... just hearsay..

I'd normally say yes there is a need for a sportscast, but you make a convincing argument..better than "And today, a man found a goose in his garden", or olds, "We will now tell you the news that happened last week, because NEWS hasn't happened", or the telecaster says close your EYES if you don't want to HEAR the results of the games today, as the results programme is about to come on....then proceed to tell you the results.

Newscasters go overboard to provide 90% crap, 9% totally illogical spam, 1% new(s)...and it's all repeated, and thrown down our throats 24/7.

Watch Sky news, full of ads, watch BBC news - Click, is technology news? Hardtalk? I see stuff in my community not reported, don't wanna see an artist, or a grandmother moan about something or other, that ain't news.

PHEW!