Does this look right to you???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a guy come in to install a special valve for our new shower. He had to cut through the wall from the other side. This is the job he did repairing those holes.. I have concerns with the cracking being so deep.. Does this look right? Should I proceed to fill it and sand it down and paint? or should I knock it out and try to fill it again myself???

Sponsored Links
put some framing round them,then call it modern art.
in my opinion thats really ****e.

Was he sober at the time? Seriously I would sand down the high spots then skim it over using a straight edge to get your level. Or call him back.

I know it's ****. And i'm not calling him back. Why waste my time and go through the hassle of dealing with him and paying more money for likely another ****ty job?.. I am pretty good with DIY stuff myself.. If you guys can give me a breakdown of what to do I am pretty sure I can figure it out.. :)

Sponsored Links
if its all solid then you may be able to just put a Finnish coat over it.

The area has not either been primed correctly, prior to applying, the repair was too depth for a single application or the mix was not mixed correctly, (double) "or" all of the above!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back