Does this meet regs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We want to have a simple conservatory built onto the back of the house butting up to the kitchen wall, therefore the kitchen wall mounted Ideal Isar 30 combi gas boiler flue that extends horizontally out of the wall needs to be extended vertically up to clear the roof line of the intended conservatory.
Can this be done and still comply with regs etc ?
My reason for asking is that I`ve had three Gas Safe engineers survey the work etc with two saying with some hesitancy that the flue kits are available and it can be done, but not coming back with a quote saying they haven`t had time to work it out and other flannel, and one has declined saying it cant be done, (only after I followed it up).
Attached are pics of the boiler and flue location and I would welcome guidance on this please as possibly this job is bordering on what can and cant be done inside regs ?
Surely this situation and job cant be unique?

Attachments

• Photo0400.jpg
    Photo0400.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 201
  • Photo0402.jpg
    Photo0402.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 183
Sponsored Links
if the flue parts are available then yes it can be done, it wouldnt be an easy job, and possibly wouldnt be the prettiest job inside either. any scope for moving the boiler?

Sponsored Links
If flue for this boiler can be obtained (unlikely) then it can be achieved, otherwise you'll need a new boiler if you want to put your conservatory there

@shambolic will know whether Ideal still have stock of the flue required

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back