Does this roof maintenance quote sound reasonable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 3 bed terrace an just got a quote from a roofing firm to:

*Aquapo (that is what it sounded like. It is a grey paint that contains fibreglass) three of the four firewalls on the main roof. (the other was done by previous owner)

*Re-set the ridge tiles on the main roof

*Put up scaffolding and put new half-round tiles and irons on the little roof above the bay at the front.

*Aquapo the back of the chimney on the back part of the house
The tiles are sound.

He quoted about £1400 plus VAT. Does that sound reasonable?

Thanks
Alex

Sponsored Links
It's spelt Acrypol which is an acrylic polymer waterproofing coating.

Bearing in mind he is using a scaffold (to the main roof too I assume) the price seems quite reasonable.

We'd always recommend getting 3 quotes for a job (yes even one's we are pricing in competition) as you wil get an idea of the proper cost of a job (usually it's the one in the midde) but sometimes they are around about the same price ad then you can choose who you think best

Thanks for that. :) I will get a couple more quotes. (by the way, scaffolding will only be at the front of the main roof).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back