Dog-leg in horizontal waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to relocate the toilet in my first floor bathroom, however I'd need to put a dog-leg in the toilet waste running through the floor void to achieve this. Is that OK (or does it need to be straight?), and if so would a 30cm offset be achievable in 40cm (per drawing)?

Thanks
James

Attachments

• dogleg.png
    dogleg.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 75
Sponsored Links
Is that a side view or plan view? As per drawing should be ok, as long as you've still got a constant fall on the 'horizontal' sections it'll be fine.

Is that a side view or plan view? As per drawing should be ok, as long as you've still got a constant fall on the 'horizontal' sections it'll be fine.

It's a plan view. I could probably get an extra drop in the dog-leg if need be, though from your reply it sounds like that's not necessary?

Is there any guidance on minimum drop with bends? I assume the standard drop is for a straight run, but that a bend would impede flow.

Sponsored Links
If you can use 45° bends so much the better, otherwise perhaps a bit more fall going into the bends, to get the waste moving and sweep it though the dogleg would help matters.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back