Dog pee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My puppy english springer has treated a small area in my garden as her own pee zone! I am happy to fence off the area and treat but I would like to know do I need to let the ground heal or can I seed or tuff now?

Sponsored Links
Pets at Home sell this rock thing which it says you leave in your dogs water bowl and it imparts something to the water which stops your dogs pee from killing off the grass etc. I've no idea how it works (possibly just neutralises the amonia?) and it's apparently harmless. I've not used it myself (nor has my dog come to that :D ).

We solved this one by gravelling our front garden so dog does his business here and it picks up nice and cleanly and it doesn't matter about pee. Keeps the back lawn nice. Every 2-3 years we get another ton of pea gravel (excuse the pun!), which is cheap, and top it up as obviously every time we pick a poo up, some gravel goes into the bin with it.

I wouldn't like to give my pooch such a product. It doesn't seem natural.

Lou.

If the dog is male he will just kill anything, turf and otherwise that you put in the area.

I spent months training my rotty to pee in one area of the garden, months and months - but once he got it we just put gravel on that section.

Not much else you can do really, but at least they arent peeing on everything

Sponsored Links
Not a problem for me, garden paved but I know people that use the grassSaver biscuits by NaturVet.

You just feed them to your dog and after a month or so it will stop the acid burning the grass.

They also do wafer and liquid versions

http://www.naturaldogs.co.uk/store/naturvet-dog-and-cats/grass-care.html

They also do a plant/animal friendly product- Pet Stopper that will stop cats and dogs peeing or pooing in any given part of the garden

http://www.naturaldogs.co.uk/store/pet-organics-pet-stopper-spray.html

Getting my dog to use any of the things out there to stop the pee destroying the grass is impossible. I have tried one of those things in the water bowl, won't go near the water when it's in there and I've also tried these biscuits from the local pet shop, won't even sniff them!

Getting my dog to use any of the things out there to stop the pee destroying the grass is impossible. I have tried one of those things in the water bowl, won't go near the water when it's in there and I've also tried these biscuits from the local pet shop, won't even sniff them!

I guess that they weren't the naturVet ones as they have only recently started to sell them over here. Which ones were they- I didn't realise that other people make them as well.

One of the things that I do like about NaturVet is that they tend to do most of their products in different forms such as biscuits or crush-able tablets or liquids. That means that you can either use it as a treat or hide it in the food.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back