Dogs & dirty kitchen walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The dogs have ruined the wallpaper in the kitchen when they have been either lead against it or rubbing on it when going in/out the doorway so I'm going to take it all off and sort the room out, it's overdue decorating anyway.

They will probably ruin the new wallpaper so I was thinking of either :

1. fasten clear perspex over new wallpaper where they have rubbed against it but then I thought it might get damp behind it and the paper and cause mildew spots or other problems

2. tile the areas they rub against but then the grout will get grubby in time and even though the tiles will wipe clean the grout won't

3. paint the walls instead with some easy wipe paint

If I go the paint route, are there any types / brands of paint I can use that will easily wipe down ?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Paint is probably easiest - any kitchen paint should do the job with washing - that's pretty much what it's designed to do.

So there I was in B&Q just about to pick up a tin of Dulux Kitchen+ when a salesman asks if he could help and after I explained that I wanted to paint kitchen walls and be able to wipe them down after the dog he said forget Dulux Kitchen+ and buy Valspar as it was much better. So I come home and do a bit of googling and I find very mixed reports about Valspar - difficult to apply, streaky, doesn't stick well etc

Any recommendations what brand to use?

Sponsored Links
I've been very disappointed with Dulux stuff of late....in particular the Calico range....hardly any pigment and after 4 coats its still not enough.
Is there anything in the Zinsser range for you - the PermaWhite for example?
John :)

Crown is better at the moment. If not sure about the valspar (and I've heard rubbish things too - enough to put me off trying) then take it back.

Forget Dulux, Crown, etc. and just get Little Greene Intellimatt. Eminently washable but not all horrible and shiny like some kitchn & bathroom paints, and you will only need 2 coats.

Or get rid of the mutts!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back