Removing paste from painted wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

i'm new to this forum. Some excellent advice on here. However, can't find what I was looking for, hence I've started a new thread.

I have just completed decorating a bedroom by lining papering and thereafter painting (using matt emulsion) three walls, and one wall having a textured wallpaper (as a feature wall). I have just noticed that there is some paste left (even though I wiped it down with a sponge when I wallpapered 2 days ago) on the corner of the adjacent walls. Is there anyway I can remove it without damaging the paint work?

Sponsored Links
Hi MrX08 and welcome,
I am not a painter but have been in a similar situation, and no matter what you do, it wont shift, and you don't want to damage the rest of the paintwork..... I would bite the bullet and give it a good proper clean off/wipedown, and paint the whole wall again.

Roughcaster.

Afraid your right roughcaster.
The paste is under the paint :cry:
If you can see where the paint has reacted on the paste, try wetting that area, then leave for a minute or so to let the paste 'liven up' then gently scrape off the pasty area. Leave to dry, then touch in the damaged area's with your emulsion, allow to dry and give another coat all over.

Good Luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back