'Doing up' barn - how hard can it be?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old barn/dairy attached to my house (the dark grey wall at one end is the house - the light grey at the other end has a field up against it up to about waist height - hence the foliage I guess!)

It's watertight and has electricity (of sorts).

If I want to do something with it I guess (very simply) I need to insulate the walls and ceiling, put plasterboard up. Guess I'd need to level the floor? And then just keep it heated to a certain extent?

Stupid idea? Or might it be better just cleaning it up and using it as a sex dungeon or something?

IMG_8719.jpeg
IMG_8720.jpeg

Sponsored Links
not an expert but.

do you own the field? I understand from the description that the field soil is against the wall?
I'd remove some solid where it presses against the building and divert water away. You'd probably need some kind of retaining wall to do his?

What use will it have?
You could retain the rustic look or go for a super modern what box within the structure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back