Domestic balanced flued storage water heater problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have lived in present house for 11 years. The house is heated with a seperate gas fired central heating system to the hot water. A gas fired balanced flue storage water heater provides the hot water. This works really well with hot water always available no matter how many showers etc are in use. However of late I have noticed that initially on turning on the taps in the basins that the water splutters out for several seconds before returning to a normal flow. The showers do not seem to be affected which leads me to think that it is a pressure problem. A pressure chamber is located adjacent to the heater and the manual dictates that the pressure should be set to 3.5 lbs/sq inch. I have n't checked this - but could that be the problem? Also a pressure/temperature relief valve is located on top of the storage heater - could that need manual relief?

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Our resident experts will probably need to know the make and model of the heater, to give any detailed help.

Our resident experts will probably need to know the make and model of the heater, to give any detailed help.

Will not be able to get my hands on part no's till I get home this evening but it is of USA manufacture - the company is STATE

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back