domestic hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi..............can any body point me in the right direction
the hot water tap on my bathroom washbasin keeps slowing down to a trickle.the other taps and shower are ok. i backflush the system from the cold tap in the kitchen and the tap will be ok for about a week then suddenly the flow drops again.
cheers
mickcoulson
p.s th tap is a single lever quarter turn

Sponsored Links
HI

ITS A COMMON PROBLEM WITH MANY TAPS THE CENTER THREADED UNIT DROPS IN HOUSING UNIT,YOU NEED TO TAKE OFF AND REMOVE CENTER THREADED UNIT AND REPLACE SO WHEN TAP IS IN OFF POSITION THE THREADED UNIT SITS FLUSH IN HOUSING WITH NO THREADS SHOWING

GOOD LUCK

sounds like you may have some floating debris in the hot pipework. Next time it slows I`d have a look inside the tap - or take off the flexi pipe feeding it (if you have one) and see if there is a mouse skull :eek: Yes ,I really did find one once - it was in a bath tap tho`.OR it might even be the flexi closing up inside - Please tell me there are flexis connecting the taps ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back