domestic hot water booster pumps

8 Mar 2009
Reaction score
United Kingdom
hi........ we have have just had a new kitchen fitted and the taps are the new continental type ( really low flow ). the hot water cylinder is in the loft so there is plenty of gravity flow. i have been thinking of fitting a domestic hot water booster pump. is this a complicated job ? or do i just fit the pump inline on the domestic hot water and connect the power to a suitable power supply ie: a fused 15amp socket.
Sponsored Links
You'll need to draw it off a Surrey or Essex Flange connection, depending on the manufacturers instructions, if you just try to fit it inline on your current system you'll get terrible trouble with it drawing air in all the time. They don't actually draw a huge amount of power, and are normally powered through a standard mains plug in a socket.

This could suit your needs

If you go for a Salamander, use their own S Flange, as doing so increases the manufacturers warranty to three years

The flange just screws into the top of your cylinder where the hot water distribution/open vent connection is
Wouldn't it be easier to change your kitchen mixer tap for one designed for low pressure?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links