problem with bathroom tap water flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a problem with my single lever 'Roca' bathroom tap , the flow of water coming out is quite slow and when i move lever to the hot position i get no hot water. the boiler does not attempt to start up !!
I have a Alpha 240 eco combi boiler which heats the water. when i operate the bath tap, also a single lever type the water flow is fine. and it produces hot water, also the shower mixer and kitchen taps flow is fine and produces hot water . could it be a problem with the tap or the boiler. ? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
would suggest the tap if all the others are ok ;)

thanks for the reply kevplumb , i live in a hard water area , there is a small build up on the outlet of the tap but not much, could the inner working of the tap also get build up , if so, can this be stripped down or would i have to replace the tap ? thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
they can be dismantled dunno if it will do any good tho

if the discs are gone :idea:

It looks like i will have to replace the tap . just one thing if the flow from the tap is slow would this not open the hot water valve in the boiler ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back