Don't seem to have gas supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Really hope someone can help with this one!!

Had a gas engineer come over today to service our gas fire in the living room. As far as i'm aware everything was fine and my wife has told me that he is sending the certificate in the post.

However, when I came home the Combi Boiler (Linea He) was flashing up with an error code 10. After resetting a few times the same error was still showing. I checked the Living room fire and that to was not working and appears not to have any gas supply to it. All valves are open! I can't help but think he has done something as everything was working fine before today.

Chris

Sponsored Links
I take it you've checked the valve at the meter? Has been known!

Sponsored Links
valve is definitely open at the meter, and the bill has been paid :).

It's an LPG supply, and my neighbour's still have gas.

turn the handle anyway. they are on a square spindle and can be taken off and replaced in a different positioln.

verify with him what he found during the inspection. if he found a dangerous fault he may have blocked the supply.

even if not, tell him there appears to be no supply to the fire and ask him why this might be.

look for a valve in the pipe junction/elbow near the fire.

It was the upso, everything is back working now. Funny how something that simple left me scratching my head, but then again I only moved in 2 weeks ago and not at all familiar with LPG supply.

Thanks for replies everyone, and cheers doitall. Thanks for taking the time to help, its appreciated!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back