Door advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Hope someone can help

I have built a stud wall which had fairly limited space for the door opening due to various units/obstacles.

The door is for a new downstairs toilet, and will be non standard shape - one of the corners is lobbed off due to the stairs.

I was hoping to use a standard off the shelf flush lining and door, and make the necessary adjustments where required (cut the lining down and make it fit the angle, then cut the corner off the door and shave the inside edge)

However, the opening that I have left is 800 x 2100mm (without the lining). When I take into consideration off the shelf measurements, a 32mm lining will leave me with an opening of 736.

The question is, am i better spacing the lining to fit a 686mm door, or cutting down a 762mm?

Any input appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Easier to make up lining with par timber to dimension which allow the larger door to fit , does not need to be 32mm thick.

Hi

Thanks for the reply

If I want to use the 762 door without trimming I will have to use 16mm timber, which I am assuming is a bit thin. Is using 21mm sensible? I can get away with just taking a few mm off the door then.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Have used 22mdf without problem. You will have stud work behind so plenty to screw into.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back