door closer, can it be moved easily ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, i have a friend who has moved into a new office, he has a problem with the front door, it doesnt fully open !, the door closer, (see picture), fouls on a brick column.

he has asked me IF it is easily moved ?, i have never tackled one of these things before, it looks as if it is simply screwed on the door by 4 screws and on the door frame by 2 screws.

of course i am fully aware that there must be a lot of pent up spring pressure energy in there somewhere, so is simply moving it, just an easy job of undoing the screws and re-fixing it, i think not myself, so does any of the members have any experience with one of these things, PLEASE

i think it is named a BRITON 2003 View media item 16604
Tim

Sponsored Links
you can try moving it so when the door is opened it doesnt foul on the pillar.
usally there are a set ammount of measurments on how a d/closure is sighted,either by a template supplied or by said measurements.

Sponsored Links
there are 3 ways to deal with this
1. unscrew the whole unit and move it sideways there is quite a tolerance
2. (the simpler way) on the left side in your picture is a threaded bit this can be adjusted in or out all you do is undo the locking nut, remove the screw that holds the 2 parts of the arm together, holding the solid arm lift the adjustable arm off and screw it in or out, refit and check until you get the right adjustment.
3. move the small fixing sideways and then follow 2.

hope that makes sense :LOL:

DPS,just thinking about your post,judging by the o.p pic of the door im assuming its quite a large 1,ooerr.
i would think that the perko would not quite mange it?
now maybe a double perko might do the job?but have you seen the bl00dy prices of em?they aint cheap.

DPS,just thinking about your post,judging by the o.p pic of the door im assuming its quite a large 1,ooerr.
i would think that the perko would not quite mange it?
now maybe a double perko might do the job?but have you seen the bl00dy prices of em?they aint cheap.
I have fitted 3 on one door :!: Depending on the door and the strenght of the door latch shutting 100% into the frame

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back