Door Entry Handset replacement problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have joined this forum after scouring the Internet for two days with no result. I am trying to replace my old door intercom handset. I live in a block of flats which use phones with buttons to open the main door for visitors. The old handset is a Comelit Vox 2000 and I have bought a replacement Comelit 2603u. The firm I bought the new handset from gave a list of comparable wiring diagrams but none matches the original. I have contacted them but they have been no help. Is there anyone who can tell me which wires go where from the old to the new. The attached pics show the connections for the old and the new. Many thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 4,309
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 3,581
Sponsored Links
Are you sure the old handset is a Comelit Vox 2000? The circuit board and terminals don't match the descritopn at
http://www.intercomsrus.com/handset pdf/Comelit Vox 2000 Intercom Handset Data Sheet.pdf
and I can't find one they do match.

Photo of the whole handset inside and out may help someone to recognise it.

Was your handset working previously? If not perhaps someone changed the original for a Comelit and it hasn't worked. Do your neighbours have the same type of handset?

Vox 2000

S Call (if electronic)
1 AC Call (Buzzer not shown here)
2 Speech In (Speaker)
3 Speech Out (Mic)
4 Common
P1 Lock

U iversal

A Lock
B Speech Out (Mic)
C Common
D Call (Electronic or Buzz)
E Speech In (Speaker)
C2,P2 Aux Button N/O
Sw Call Type Selector

Thanks. I have attached more pics of the old handset. It has Comelit VOX 2000 stamped on the case. The other flats in the block have the same handset. It works fine but I just want to modernise the handset.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,578
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 3,285
Just because it has comelit on the case doesn't mean it's a comelit now. It looks like a version of a Caretrend, which took comelit handsets and added their own circuits.
http://www.intercomsrus.com/handset pdf/Caretaker Caretrend Door Entry Handset Data Sheet.pdf
Same style of buttons and lights, and same style of modification/version label. Even though the terminals are different.

In the case of council systems this is usually to provide privacy and isolation between handsets so one faulty handset doesn't knock out the whole system.

Assuming this is the case and you are in a council or shared ownership block then
(a) no other handset is likely to be compatible
(b) the intercom system remains the freeholder or council's responsibility

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much. I did notice on one of the other flat blocks that an additional different intercom for one flat has been placed beneath the block plate at the main front door. This may be because it was faulty and that was the only way to replace it. Looks like I will just have to return the new handset and carry on with the old one. Many thanks for your investigation and help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back