Door Entry System Wiring - Replacing a handset

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
ENTRYPHONE is a brand .... Like you have a bell systems handset which is a brand.....

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

OMG !!! I am so bad!!! I didn't get it at all !!
So yes, Its not ENTRYPHONE but a Birton..
next?

As before need a full picture of either the outside panel or other flats intercom, you can't just buy any intercom and wire it onto your existing system,some may work as the basics are the same but you may suffer from poor speech quality in and out , buzzer not working, lock release not working, so either fit the correct replacement or a universal handset proved to work on the system.

Go to this site.... Intercomsrus... To to handset finder your neighbours handset is a status 5800 scroll down to urmet 1030 which is now been replaced by the 1130, you may need a status handset as these are sometimes modified to work on status systems ...

Hi,

I have an Entryphone handset 8802, and would like to replace for a prettier modern version, which I have found (Entryphone 201 or Fermax Universal).

However, I was wondering if it would be possible to take a normal telephone, eg a vintage style diner phone, and repurpose as a door entry phone?

Thanks
Katie

The following link takes you to handset make/model data sheet where you can work out what the mappings are for common handsets:

http://www.intercomsrus.com/handset...versal T-Line Intercom Handset Data Sheet.pdf

Bought a Bell 801 to replace a Bitron handset and this chart helped me loads. Just remember to take a picture of the wiring before removing the old handset.

For those looking to replace a basic handset with the Bell 801, the handset is 'very' basic. No instructions supplied with the box either. Does the job but I would have like to have seen a button that activates the microphone just like the Bitron. Once the handset is lifted from the 801 receiver, this activates the mic. No biggy especially for £15 from Amazon.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back