Door frames plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning on dot and dabbing 12.5 plasterboard to brick wall but the door frame doesn't stick out much and the brickwork varies in places near the door frame.

What I'm thinking of using is some strip wood and sticking it to the door frame, is that acceptable?

What I'm not sure of is where abouts do you stick it on the frame. The strip will be on the door opening side. do you go right to edge where the door hinges are or place it a few mill back?

What I don't want to happen is the door to be impeded with the strip and architrave

Sponsored Links
I had a similar issue and used pine strip around the door so that the frame cleared the plaster so I could fit the architrave. A good timber merchant will be able to provide mm perfect strip for this purpose.

Ok thanks

What thickness did you end up having to use for your frame?

It looks like I might need 10mm but this and the architrave I'm using is 10mm would be too big and prevent door from fully opening.

I guess the other option would be to bring the door 10mm forward as well.

on 10mm you could try wide throw or parliament hinges and the holes will still be in the strong part off the frame rather than the plant on bit

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back