Door hanging(inside out)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,
I have taken up an offer of hanging 3 front doors with new frames.
Here is the tricky bit. The guy wants them opening outwards so that they can't get kicked in so easily.
Are there any obvious problems that I will face?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
the problem with opening a door outwards is the fact that the lock can be forced easier, repaired loads where it has been done !! ...

Sorry, what does the repaired loads bit mean. I see your point about the lock though.

it means that i have repaired outwards opening doors that have been forced open by a thieving scum , mainly through forcing the lock ....cheers les

Sponsored Links
Les, it's that old catch 22 isn't it. If they open outwards they get a bar and pry them damn things apart. If they open inwards they kick they ruddy things in. Cant win can you :( (still, keeps us chippies busy.hehe)

woody

that would probably delay theives for an extra 20 seconds max. in my opinion :eek: ..to be honest i would just swing the door inwards as traditional but put on a solid door ( if security was that much in doubt ) , i have put on solid door blanks before on business premises and screwed the hinges in ( frame side) with 4 inch screws , using rawl plugs into the blockwork :LOL: ..and two locks in and there was no way that was going to move , so what did the thieves do ??? went through next doors wall and into the building that way :cry: ...............in my experience whichever way you hang the door the weak point is always going to be the panels..... on a domestic door :confused:

well it dipends what sort of force a thief is likely to use. Two locks will make it much harder to shoulder open a door. and make it more dificult to gemmy it open, one has to gemmy two spots.... but nothing will stop someone getting in if its a quiet place with time to work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back