Door Saddles (I think that's what they are called!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had new flooring put down and in a number of places wood meets tiles under the door - sometimes at different levels +/- 10mm.

I want to put 'old-fashioned' door saddles over them. They are wooden about 6 inches deep and obviously the width of the door - ramped up and down as you walk over.

I can't find them anywhere and would really prefer these to the modern aluminium strips.

Does anyone have any idea where I can get them or even suggest some good alternative.

thanks.

Sponsored Links
B&Q do some strips that have a range of finishes if you want to move away from a metallic look.

They do a couple of wood finishes IIRC.

You fix a metal bracket to the sub-floor, the laminate/tiles butt up to this bracket and the finishing piece clips into place. Dead easy to fit and looks :cool: , especially if you can find one to match your floor. They're also really easy to remove should you need to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back