Door Slipped and Catching

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Out exterior door that leads into the garage seems to have slipped a bit, meaning that it is now rubbing on the bottom left hand side when closing, and I need to properly slam it to get it shut. Any ideas how I can adjust it to lift it back up again and stop it catching? Pictures attached to show the door and the hinges that it has (along with the dirt that seems to get everywhere!)

Ta

Chris

Sponsored Links
No adjustment on those doors.
Could be deglazed and "toe & Heel" but you have to completely dismantle those doors to do that so I wouldn't recommend it if you haven't done it before.

Easiest option (assuming there is some clearance at the top) remove all the screws on the hinge side, Get a small crowbar or lever under that side and force the frame up. Slide in some packers of around 4-5mm and then rescrew it

No adjustment on those doors.
Could be deglazed and "toe & Heel" but you have to completely dismantle those doors to do that so I wouldn't recommend it if you haven't done it before.

Easiest option (assuming there is some clearance at the top) remove all the screws on the hinge side, Get a small crowbar or lever under that side and force the frame up. Slide in some packers of around 4-5mm and then rescrew it

Much obliged, thanks, will go at it over the weekend

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back