Door threshold strip outside doorway?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All

I'm about to tile a new small room and am trying to figure out where to put the threshold and what kind to go for and also where the tiles will stop. Outside the room is polished floorboards. I hope the attached diagram makes it clearer.

I bought this one but can change it if thats not a good idea. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252441698592

I'm just a bit worried that the threshold strip will protrude outside the door opening but maybe that's ok? I think what I really want to avoid is to have this wooden strip overly visible in the tiled room when the door is closed.

Any advice or suggestions most gratefully received.

Attachments

• threshold_ramp.jpg
    threshold_ramp.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 298
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Bar should sit under door , if it’s wider then it sits further into room so not showing outside.
The bar you have will require the door trimmed as it sits higher than the tile . I prefer to butt the bar to tile keeping the overall height down ( prefer to make my own bar to size).

Thanks alot for taking the time to reply foxhole.

Just to confirm, by outside that would be the side of the door that the door opens out into? So in my diagram outside is the flooboarded area and inside is the tiles? The bar should ideally _not_ protrude into the outside as it does in my diagram. Is that right?

I like very much your method of butting a bar because that means I could use a lower/smaller bar and possibly not have to trim the door. Unfortunately, I wouldn't know how to make one from a rectangular baton (would a router help me? - I need to get one anyway). Maybe they are sold somewhere? I'll take a look.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back