Door threshold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What’s the accepted way of building the door threshold in a cavity wall.
The floor is a concrete slab insulated and screeded upto finished floor level and I was wondering the best way to run the floor upto the outer leaf at the door opening.
Seen various ways when I google it but would appreciate any pointers.

Sponsored Links
When building an extension the best way is to stop the inner course at same level as concrete oversite.
Then run insulation across to back of outer skin, then screed over.
DPM is needed where screed butts to outer skin.

I'm not sure what stage you are at, if you have inner blockwork coming up to top of screed you have a thermal bridge and a day joint effectively in the screed floor.

When building an extension the best way is to stop the inner course at same level as concrete oversite.
Then run insulation across to back of outer skin, then screed over.
DPM is needed where screed butts to outer skin.

I'm not sure what stage you are at, if you have inner blockwork coming up to top of screed you have a thermal bridge and a day joint effectively in the screed floor.

Thank you, that’s the sort of way I was thinking with the screed coming all the way over to the outer leaf,

Thank you, that’s the sort of way I was thinking with the screed coming all the way over to the outer leaf,

You can either fill in the cavity by putting in DPM then concrete.

Or leave cavity - (which I prefer), run insulation across and screed over.

If it's insulation of say 100mm thick, it won't need supporting over a 100mm cavity once screed is down

Sponsored Links

You can either fill in the cavity by putting in DPM then concrete.

Or leave cavity - (which I prefer), run insulation across and screed over.

If it's insulation of say 100mm thick, it won't need supporting over a 100mm cavity once screed is down

Nice one, think I’ll run the insulation across cavity and screed like you suggest.
Thanks again buddy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back