Doors, Liner and Architrave

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a plasterer coming in on Monday to fully plaster my living room - have hacked off all the old stuff and gone back to the brickwork.

I've got to take off skirting and architrave but now I'm worried about the door liner. I'm changing all the woodwork which is old painted over pine and I am going to have oak veneer doors with skirting, architrave and door liner to match.

Have I got to change the door liner before the plaster does the room or will this cause problems to do after? What is the proper method?

Many thanks
George

Sponsored Links
New door liners, then plaster, then wait for a while so new timber is not affected by the humidity from the plastering.

New door liners, then plaster, then wait for a while so new timber is not affected by the humidity from the plastering.

Aw dear! I can't get them changed in time and I've been waiting weeks for the plasterer. If the liner is replaced later on, it shouldn't cause too much of an issue could it?

Alternatively, I was thinking perhaps I could burn the pain off of the liner and then stain the wood to the same colour stain used for Architrave and Skirting. Does this sound feasible?

Sponsored Links
Rip down some plywood and make-up plywood forme for the plasterer to work to. These should be fixed to the existing stud/masonry and can be removed after the plaster has set. Leaves the plasterer a straight, plumb line to work up to

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back