Doorway Dividers Between Oak Floored Rooms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What are the options for door dividers (sorry not sure what the correct word is for them) between two rooms both with solid oak flooring.

I've seen the laminate wood effect ones in homebase, is there a wood alternative?

Thanks for all help.

Sponsored Links
Do you mean the threshold bar to cover the expansion gap break in the floor between two rooms? If so, I think you would need the "T" bar threshold. You can buy solid oak ones which comes either unfinished or prefinished in lacquer or hard wax oil.
Hope it helps :)

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes that's exactly what I mean. What is the best 'walk-in' store for this kind of thing (as opposed to internet only). Looked in Homebase - they seem to only have the laminate variety.

I want to see the stuff in the flesh against my boards, etc.

Thanks.

"Walk-in" to Charing would be a bit too much to ask? ;)

We have wide strips (without the thick block you normally see with the T-bar). Strip is bevelled on both sides. We use them everytime when we have to install a thresholds between rooms where the wood floor has the same level.

Sponsored Links
Do you have any samples (and for you flat bead)? And are they not available finished?

Thanks

Don't have an image of the strips, just imagine it to be an almost double beading.

Solid Oak beading 5 x 28mm (strip 5 x 36mm) and no, they are not finished so everyone can apply their own preferred finish and/or colour

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back