Doorway edge protector, suggestions please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've got a narrowish doorway and it's all too easy to catch the edge of it was we walk through due to the angle you have to approach it due to kitchen furniture which I can't move. It's just been redecorated so want to stop damaging/tearing the wallpaper as happened before. I'm not overly keen in putting a stickly vinyl sheet wrapping around it as protection as once on that's it and I'm worried about discolouration. The plaster and blockwork along that edge isn't so solid either so bolting in something isn't really an alternative. Maybe a vinly type wrap is the answer but would appreciate input from others.

Attachments

• 20240323_173619.jpg
    20240323_173619.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 24
Sponsored Links
As above, I've used PVC angle trim, stuck on with No More Nails, on a particular edge - it's slim, relatively inconspicuous and can be over-painted to match the wall...

20240402_123628.jpg

Sponsored Links
First of all thank you for the suggestions. The only problem I have with the corner guards is the wall it's going on to isn't the most solid up to a few inches from the surface. Not sure what kind of botch job they did when building the arch. Nothing is remotely straight is this s@dding house.
It may have to be a corner guard but tbh I think I'd prefer some kind of decent vinyl covering. Will have a close look at the options out there for what you suggested.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back