Dormer cheek fire proof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a fire proof dormer cheek on a loft conversion as it is a semi detached house and therefore within 1 m of next door. I think it needs to be 30 minute resistant. My plan was to have tiles, membrane, 18mm WBP plywood, 100 mm stud with celotex insulation between studs, 25mm over studs and plasterboard with skim coat. I have already had it externally tiled and had the building inspector in and he wants 6mm supamax fire boarding installed externally. It means I have to take all the tiles off externally and apparently I can't installed fire board on the inside.

Does this sound right? Is there any reference material anywhere to what constitutes 30 mins resistance?

Are there any alternatives to stripping dormer cheek back again?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
My was tiles, membrane, concrete fire board( heavier than it looks lol) 12mm WBP plywood, 100 mm stud with celotex insulation between studs, that foil stuff then plasterboard with skim coat.

i am really surprised it was not listed in the spec. But they did nearly cause mine to be structurally weak!!!!
I am not aware of any way around it. Try to speak to someone else at BR may be more helpful and suggest alternative

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back