Dormer roof loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have a dormer roof and I plan to top up my loft insulation.
My question is regarding the small space on the dormer part.
The gap is only about 200mm and currently there is no loft insulation on these parts.
If I were to insulate these parts the material would be touching both the plaster board of the ceiling and the bottom of the dormer roof.
Would this be a problem due to lack of air circulation?
It would be hard work getting the material pushed down these gaps but I could probably manage to achieve this at a push.
It was hard work doing the wiring in these gaps for the bedroom and bathroom lights and I also fitted a shower head from the ceiling under this which caused problems that I had to work around.
Any advice greatly received.

Sponsored Links
I guess there is no one available to comment on this or they are all on holiday!! :(

Have you been outside at all?
Ram the space bloody full of it and come the spring take it all back out again
or
Just fill it slightly o_O

Sponsored Links
Generally not advised to insulate from wall to wall as you risk moisture tranfer. Fibre -wool therefore not advisable but from what you say you would be hard-pressed to get insulation-boards into the space.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back