Dormer Windows, DPM Required?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Tomorrow I'll be insulating and boarding the cheeks of my dormer Windows and wondered if they need dpm between the celotex and osb?

The dormers are osb construction which is then wrapped in breathable roofing membrane and then upvc shiplap cladding.

I'll be using 100m celotex between the batons with 12.5mm plasterboard over the top, I just need to know if I need some visqueen or similar directly against the osb followed by the celotex or if I can place the celotex directly against the osb?

IMG_20220909_194452.jpg

Sponsored Links
Your breather membrane on the outside will let any moisture out. Your foil backed/faced celotex which should have foil tape joining it over the studs will be you vapour barrier. Not an expert, but I think regs require 50mm over the top of the lot before plasterboard.

Sponsored Links
Building inspector certainly does require the 100mm covered by another 50mm, this I how its turned out

IMG_20220913_141119.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back