Dot and dab on high walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a quick look but couldn't find the answer on here but apologies if this question is repeated.
I'm going to have a go at dot and dab (never done it before). The walls are 2800mm high and my 12.5mm plasterboard is 2400mm so there will be a 400mm horizontal join. I think having the join at the bottom would disguise it best but how should I apply the boards to the wall ? Will the adhesive hold a full sheet at the top or will I need to fix a batten to hold it up until it sets? Otherwise I could cut and fix the lower strip but if I wait for it to dry it might make leveling the wall very tricky.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hello,
The strip should go at the top .
Before you knock up any compound .

Cut all the boards for a wall .
Pin them up as you go with nails and mark their positions
on the wall . Use an off-cut of plasterboard to do this .
All measurements need to be taken off packers on the floor .
Again use plasterboard approx. 100 by 75 mm .
This makes adjusting the boards easier.

Thanks Clive, I guess it doesn't matter that the join is at the top if I skim the walls anyway. Was thinking just to use TE board and tape them but that's not really going to work with a horizontal SE to SE join.
Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back