Dot & Dab (help with)

S

snadge

Can anyone offer up advice on Dot & Dabbing?

I have to reboard the whole kitchen (as some of you already know im completely rebuilding the kitchen including ceiling, walls and floors and kitchen units and utils) - now apart from ceiling and one wall there is two walls and one window wall that has too be dot&dabbed , now ive never done this before but i have laboured for plasterers in past and seen them do it, am I right in remembering once on and level you prop them up using offcuts as feet and length of wood as prop - i could make a darby out of wood to pat the boards level...

any advice on this would be great

thanks

Sponsored Links
hi snadge if your goin to prop the boards up i would do it before you level them up and knock then back otherwise youll justget them right then youll move them and have to do it again.
you can use a cut of wood aslong as you use a level aswell to check that thier sitting right. i always use an ali straightedge to flatten the boards out as the slight weight it carries allowsme to knock the board back minimal times to get that perfect flat level surface.
hope that helps
JRP

Sponsored Links
What, materials or paying someone to do it?
Materials, depends how off plumb your walls are-iirc you get 3 sheets per 25kg bag assuming flat walls, 10mm ish thickness.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back