Dot & Dab support Gym Equipment?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Only wall in my flat that I can use it on. It has a room on the other side but the wall looks rather thick (I've gone along the wall using my knuckle and and the wall has random intervals of shallowness ). Haven't drilled into it but I know it's a dot and dab wall. I've got 100mm shield anchors for the support of a pullup bar. The pull up bar is 7kg/15.4pounds itself but I will be hanging a 45kg/100 pound punching bag hanging off of it. The pullup bar has two groups of 4 screw holes so I've come to ask if I can do it all seeing as I have a slight suspicion that the plasterboard will not support the weight but I will not know until I've done it. I've done as much research as I can muster but only really found that I should have something bridging the gap between the plasterboard and screws. If you want pictures of what I'm dealing with I'll gladly apply.

Dot & Dab wall
Holes/Screws: 100mm Deep, 16mm Wide with Amtech Expansion Bolts
Equipment weighing: 52kg w/ bag attached.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I've done some more research and found I don't need the spacer if I put the screws through the adhesive so that's the plasterboard I know what to do with. Still unsure if the brick will hold the 59kg equipment.

Should be fine , though more stable way would be a sheet of ply fixed to wall (floor to ceiling)then fixing through the lot into brickwork. Spreads the load reducing damage to plasterboard and you bag will bounce off the ply instead of putting holes in the wall.

Sponsored Links
Brilliant idea that. My guess is the thickness of the ply is the equivalent to the gap between the plasterboard and brick. Cheers mate!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back