45kg rad into thermal block wall with dot and dab

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody, I want to hang a fairly heavy (45kg) radiator onto my new build house wall. The wall is the grey thermal blocks covered with dot and dab plasterboard and I think its about 40mm of dot/dab before you hit the blocks behind. Obvs with water the radiator will be a bit heavier as well. It has 4 fixing points.

If absolutely necessary I could add feet to the radiator but it spoils the floating look a bit. I am planning on getting the whole room re-skimmed, so if necessary I could remove plasterboard and add strengthening such as wooded batons or sheets.

I'm looking through Fischer fixings at the moment but struggling to find anything that clearly says it can hold this weight in this type of wall.

So any advice much appreciated.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I need to perform this exact task soon - 45kg rad on dot and dab thermalites.

Remember 45kg dry weight is a spread load over four brackets.

I'm looking to use the following fischer bolts that I used for a large flatscreen (dot and dab and theramlite):

It won't rely on the plasterboard but the wall behind it, although the plasterboard will hold the initial 22.5mm (12.5mm plasterboard + 10mm gap).

You might even be able to get longer to fix into the brick beyond the cavity, let me know if you think or come up with something else.

Any type of expanding fixing won’t hold in thermalite blocks it just crushes the block .
Needs a screw in plug , like these.

All the way into block, ignore dot and dab.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back