Double 13A Socket Spur

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a new Double 13A Socket as a Spur from a domestic ring main for powering an OLED TV and a Fire TV Stick. My understanding is that if only One Double Socket is wired from the ring main then a Fused Spur is not necessary, if more than one Socket is on the Spur then a fused Spur is required.
Is this assumption correct for complying to the latest edition of the IEE Regs.

Sponsored Links
My understanding is that if only One Double Socket is wired from the ring main then a Fused Spur is not necessary, if more than one Socket is on the Spur then a fused Spur is required.
Yes, that is correct - except that, as you say, the cable is the spur (fused or not); the accessory is a Fused Connector Unit.

Yes, that is correct - except that, as you say, the cable is the spur (fused or not); the accessory is a Fused Connector Unit.
Thanks so much for your advice. Would you advise, as a precaution, the inclusion of a FCU anyway??

Sponsored Links
No, it is not necessary. The fuses in the plugs are sufficient.- although you might like having a switch
Thanks Again so much for your advice. If it is not necessary I probably won't include it, an FCU would be just as easy as a switch to install, so would use an FCU if anything, but with your advice I will just instal the Spur Double socket.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back