Double basin waste into toilet soil pipe plumbing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to plumb in a double basin to a 110mm plastic soil pipe, using a soil strap boss. 32mm for the basin waste pipes.

I've drawn a little picture to explain how I plan to do it.

I've been reading about best practices such as connecting the basin waste at 3X pipe diameter downstream of the toilet connection. As the toilet BTW cabinet (600mm wide) is 10cm from the wall that means the distance from toilet waste connection to basin waste boss strap connection (centre to centre) would be about 350mm.

The 110mm pipe goes out the wall, 90 degree bend horizontally to the soil stack outside.

* Is this a suitable way to plumb the basin waste to soil pipe?

* Do I need any particular type of basin trap?

* Where would be a good place to add access to rod if needed?

* Is 32mm wide enough for a double basin waste pipe?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
The only thing I would change would be to take 32mm waste pipe from each waste fitting into a 40mm unswept tee and take 40mm waste pipe from there.

Also I would use solvent weld pipe... NOT pushfit.

Sponsored Links
The only thing I would change would be to take 32mm waste pipe from each waste fitting into a 40mm unswept tee and take 40mm waste pipe from there.

Also I would use solvent weld pipe... NOT pushfit.

Great, thankyou!

Just one question, why unswept as opposed to swept tees?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back