Double Bay Windows Front of House Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just looking for some help with my bay windows. Basically when it rains bad we get water coming in the bottom window at the top corner through the wood trim and in the bedroom we get the same and this has been going down into the new living room through the ceiling. To sort this at the moment I have been putting thick towels upstairs to soak up any rain. (Also the day after bad rain the tiles on the external corners of the bay are still really wet and the rest dried, possibly a bad water proof membrane behind tiles?)

My question is, what is the construction of bay windows? I know down stairs its a brick wall with a window sat on it but what about the upstairs one? Is is simply a wooden frame or could this also be brick? I am wondering if I can attempt to re tile the bay window myself and make it water proof again or is this an insurance job?

I will upload some photos later to show what I mean but any advice or tips would be welcome.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You'd be better off posting this in the Building forum, below. Your Projects is for sharing information about DIY projects, and not for queries - as it says clearly at the top.
Cheers
Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back