Bay mortar section coming apart. How to diy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The neighbours bay brickwork between first and ground floor came apart from the wall and has been replaced with a c24 frame, filled with fibre insulation, covered in wood chipboard then waterproof sheeting and then wire to then be rendered. My bay window area also seems to be in early stages of coming away and is also covered in pebbledash.i don't have £7.5k this builder is asking for for what seems like such a small job. Is there any way I can chip away at pebbled dash where the bay area links the main wall and fix it myself/attach it? I saw the Fischer mortar bond in screwfix and wondered if I could apply that along both sides on the outside and the rip the plasterboard wall on the inside and apply the same to the brick join on the inside as it's not come away yet.

The only sign is the downstairs windows seem to be pushed down a little.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20220817_081548.jpg
    IMG_20220817_081548.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 84
Sponsored Links
Can't see from this distance but you need to obscure that number plate.

Sponsored Links
But putting it on a public forum is exposing potential personal information.
If it's your vehicle and you are happy for others to see it then that is your decision. However, if it is a neighbours car you may, possibly, be breaking GDPR rules.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back