Interior Window Trim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Please could someone advise me on this issue. I have a uvpc bay window in my front room. While stripping wallpaper I discovered that the old plaster on the wall around the window was in a really bad state and basically fell off the wall when the paper was removed.There was 20mm thick square type trim stuck with mastic to the frame (coming away in places) and a very thick wide ugly trim stuck on to that and over onto the wallpaper which was covering up all sorts of damage. Anyway the old plaster on that wall was removed back to brickwork and is going to be plaster boarded. The wide trim and square trim on the window frame was also removed. There is no reveal on this window and the inside edge of the window frame is sitting flush in line with the brickwork of the inside wall. When I dot and dab the plasterboard to the bricks it will probably sit about 15-25mm proud of the window frame. What would be the recommended solution for a neat finish for the plasterboard to the window without the ugly wide trim. Thanks

Attachments

• Windowframe.JPG
    Windowframe.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 192
Sponsored Links
bond a corner bead around the finished edge of the board around the window and skim it in . will look like a small reveal if you get it right.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back