double boarding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Im looking to put two new layers of sound board up on the wall that connects onto the house next door. Are there any reasons why not to do this? also after dot and dabbing the first on will it be ok to dot the next one on top as soon as its gone off?

Any tips and advice im thankful.

Sponsored Links
id put a coat of sound proof plaster on first then fix in gyp frame fill with sound block wool then 15mm sound board and skim sorted

or just sound proof plaster then dab on sound board and skim

yep thats my fav way do a nice coat of sound coat made by thistle and just make it roughly flat then dab sound check boards over the top to true the wall up and give you summit to skim onto. this was a diyer can get the job done with very little dificulty as its eaiser for them to deal with this than the gypframe and orrible insulation and what have ya

Sponsored Links
thats what the gyp frame is m8 its hung off wall straps filled with wool and boarded out
DSC00405.jpg

DSC00404.jpg

DSC00402.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

im afraid i dnt really know the price of the gyp frame as i only ever use the sound coat with sound check boards over the top, its just the system i like to use i find it easier and quicker and as i said you dnt have to mess about with horrible insulation itchy itchy stuff

its 50mm studs from wickes the cheepest place about £3 ish
and the brackets from jewsons 100 per box
fastest way too fix them is with a hilti gx100 or gx120 but if you havent got one then just use hamker fixing sorted
its the best cheapest and farstest way of doing things
if you get stuck just msg me and ill give you a step by step guide

insulation use wool kingspan or poly board or even get it sprayed (sound foam)
just how much m2 you got too doo then m8 ?????
think if got a box of gypframe brackets new if you need them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back