Double deepth surface box for cable entry area?

oo7

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

I'm looking for some white PVC surface box to replace existing however what I'm replacing is twice as deep as a normal surface box and the lower half is used to hide the incoming cable. Has anyone else seen these and do you know where I can get them? I've tried TLC and CEF and know one has a clue what I'm talking about let alone any idea where I can get them from.

I could just use trunking to hide the cable but it would look better if all the boxes where the same.

Cheers,
Chris.

Sponsored Links
pics.gif

If you want to use the site's own photo library provision you'll find the instructions here: //www.diynot.com/network/DIYnot/albums/67/180

To get photo(s) to appear in your post you need to do all 11 steps.

Or in a fraction of the time it takes to go through that PITA convoluted process you could use an image hosting site such as http://www.postimage.org . Or one of many others (preferably not Photobucket) - I personally like postimage because of it's screen-scrape tool, which means you don't actually have to go to the site to upload photos.

Do they actually need to be PVC (the unbreakable type commonly used in conjunction with trunking or round conduit)?

Sponsored Links
Do you mean a skirting trunking box eg Crabtree 9049

$T2eC16h,!zoE9s5ngyQuBQvMJs5ZRg~~60_12.JPG

ebay

CEF

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I could just use trunking to hide the cable but it would look better if all the boxes where the same.

Without better information on this project it would be difficult to say whether it would look better.
If this is a domestic install, the better looking method would be the conventional chase and socket sink.

Thanks for the direction on how to post pictures. I will remember to take them next time I have a question like this. :)

OwainDIYer, that looks like the item I'm looking for. Funny that CEF Chichester branch didn't think of this item when I asked them. The best they managed to think of was a similar unit that comes of compartment trunking. Anyway many thanks! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back