Double Glazing - Condensation outside

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
In May we had our old dg Aluminium windows replaced with the white plastic type.
now that the weather is cooling a bit we are finding that the outide glass is condensating (on the outside).
This has never happened with the old.
Why is this happening, and is this normal?

tia.

Sponsored Links
This is a good thing!
It basically means that your windows are insulating well and not letting the external pane of glass warm up.
As the external pane of glass is cold, when there is moisture/humidity in the air it could condensate on the cold surface.
If you had poor insulating glass units the external pane would get warmed by the heat escaping from inside your house and this phenomena would not occur.

It's quite common in higher performance windows and will clear quite quickly as the sun rises or the external temperature increases.

As Phil above; it's one of the less desirable atributes of modern thermally efficient windows which they never tell customers about but it does mean your DG is doing it's job.

Agree with both replies above, it seems as its the nature of the beast with 'A' Rated windows. On the flip side some people say we are making our homes too efficient and causing problems elsewhere but who are we to argue :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
its the nature of the beast with 'A' Rated windows. On the flip side some people say we are making our homes too efficient and causing problems elsewhere but who are we to argue :rolleyes:
I will :LOL:
that'll be condensation then & the black s h ite that goes with it; it just loves a hermetically sealed environment & will thrive on damp, be it your bath/shower room, cooking, drying washing in the house or just 2 people breathing in bed at night! For some strange reason, open windows & “fresh air” no longer seems to be fashionable & we’re already starting to see legislation being introduced to compensate. No wonder the younger generation, of which I have several, suffer god knows what allergies & breathing problems but they wont listen (that’s sounds really crass :rolleyes: ). And they don’t eat enough dirt; me dear old mum used to say "a teaspoon a day + the odd worm/bug is about right" :LOL:

Sorry, bit of a rant there :rolleyes:

it's on the outside, Richard.
Oh s h ite, so it is, ya got me :rolleyes: Sorry lost track, should check entire thread & not just the last post before replying :oops: Sometimes its difficult to keep up but I'll go & take a couple of pills & have a double brandy just now :LOL: .

But comments sill valid ;)

its the nature of the beast with 'A' Rated windows. On the flip side some people say we are making our homes too efficient and causing problems elsewhere but who are we to argue :rolleyes:
I will :LOL:
that'll be condensation then & the black s h ite that goes with it; it just loves a hermetically sealed environment & will thrive on damp, be it your bath/shower room, cooking, drying washing in the house or just 2 people breathing in bed at night! For some strange reason, open windows & “fresh air” no longer seems to be fashionable & we’re already starting to see legislation being introduced to compensate. No wonder the younger generation, of which I have several, suffer god knows what allergies & breathing problems but they wont listen (that’s sounds really crass :rolleyes: ). And they don’t eat enough dirt; me dear old mum used to say "a teaspoon a day + the odd worm/bug is about right" :LOL:

Sorry, bit of a rant there :rolleyes:

Jeez richard you nearly blew a gasket there :D :D :D

thank you all very much, that was a relief to read, and has made my wife (and me) very happy.!

Call it 'dew', it doesn't sound as bad as 'condensation'. ;)

You could use it as free distilled water to clean the windows.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back