1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Double glazing getting old!!!

Discussion in 'Windows and Doors' started by peter4076, 20 Feb 2010.

1. peter4076

peter4076

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Have had my double glazing in for about 12 years, but alas some of the panels are letting in some condensation, are they replaceable (glass panels) or do I have to have the complete unit

2. God

God

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    easiest to replace the unit, i.e the 2 panes of glass. measure them measure the cavity and order one. or just get a glazier to do it

3. peter4076

peter4076

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Cheers for the reply:- Methinks you are right, no need to replace the whole unit £500+, just the one opening window, and a fixed side pane in the French window, will scour the local adds.

4. crank39

crank39

Thanks Received:
    Barbados
    No need to replace the frames, just the glass. The best person would be a double glazing doctor, low overheads means lower prices, often a one man band and quick turn around. Don't go with big full page window companies as they'll make a killing on you but only if they even bother to turn up.

5. peter4076

peter4076

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Advice taken, will look up some old invoices and maybe contact the original company that done the business, will post when sorted. :)