Double glazing help- missing wedge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I recently moved house and my new property has some double glazing but not all the windows are closing properly.
I noticed that some of the metal wedges pictured below (that is what I believe they are called) are not on all the windows meaning whose without these are not sealing causing a draft to come in.
I require to purchase more of the metal wedges as shown in the photos below. I have looked everywhere but can't find these. Please help me find them or please let me know of an alternative solution to this problem.
I have looked for the make and model of the windows but this is not visible anywhere,
With thanks in advance
Mark

Sponsored Links
i could be wrong, but are these not what are referred to as window hinge protectors? i.e. when the window is closed they protect the hinged side from attack? kind of like this (door protector shown):

http://www.double-glazing-parts-rep...eps/Fearless-Door-Hinge-Protector-600x600.png

i think some of them also draw that side of the opener in (to create the seal) but i think it's maybe protectors you're looking for as oppose to keeps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back