Double Glazing incomplete job

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had some new windows fitted. There was a delay with window boards on my behalf and therefore the fitter stated he would return when I had them and complete the whole job. He left off the trims around the support poles etc internally/externally and other bits not completed. £1000 is outstanding which he stated would be taken once the job is complete. Ive emailed him many times asking when he will return but seem to being ignored. Do I need to put this in writing stating that I will hire someone else to complete the job and bill him for the works? But I still owe him the £1000 though. Any advice in my circumstances? I dont want to hire someone and down the line the fitter asks for his money.

Sponsored Links
What have you already paid him for how much work? (days)

Labour only?

I paid him about 5k to do back and front, he was here for a week. I guess I'll have to write him a letter and cc trading standards in re: FENSA documentation, which I presume is needed if I sell the house?

Sponsored Links
He puts everything in email I think to cover himself, therefore Ive been doing the same.

Its not is it, but that was to also supply the Evolution wood grain finish windows front n back.

Get hold of evolution on 01767 310980 and explain the situation, are they genuine evolution products? (seems odd that someone that installs a high end product can only be contacted via e-mail!), as a approved installer for evolution products ourselves i know they wont be happy with this situation, and will probably able to help you out with this situation.

Yes 2 sides and I admit I delayed him, but that's no excuse for not replying. I've never been rude to him. Cheers yes I'll give them a call. I've written him a letter stating that unless he replies I will approach FENSA & trading standards. I've had to point and put the air grates back myself to the rear of the property. Not only is it freezing but rats and mice are getting in. At least its no longer an open door to them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back