Double Glazing not closing correctly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of the double glazing windows (the left one) in my bedroom isn't closing correctly. When closed there is a gap at the top left corner of the window large enough that the rubber seals don't seal and a draught is blowing. Is there a way to adjust the concertina type opening mechanism to pull in the top left corner more and thus make the seal?

Sponsored Links
Is it these type hinges :?: If so, at the top you will see a plastic V shape which push the window in the final position and sometime they cracked or shattered so the window stay out slightly
restrictor-hinge.jpg

Thanks for the reply, I shall have a look tonight when I get home.

Looked last night. Couldn't see any form of plastic thingy at the top although there was one half way up the side which seemed to be in OK condition.

Found that by making sure that I pull the window firmly in whilst closing it that it seems to do the trick, although it wasn't so windy so hard to tell on the draught front

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back