double glazing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I contacted Window Advisory service for help in choosing which companies to go to for quotes. I specifically requested NOT Weatherseal due to previous problems in previous home. 3 parties came along quotes all similar and we chose our company. They arrived 3 Windows out and on inspection 1st window has a drip of water that had run the length of the window between the pains of glass, the seal on the outside pushed down into frame, I was told it will bounce back after a day or two...day 11 still not bounced back up.. window two does not have anti sun and new door I requested to open out was built to open in. Windows have a sicker on the frames stating 'C' rating. After all that the fitter tells me sticker is just wrong window as are 'A' rating as ordered but with all these problems I doubt anything they say. I now find out our choice of company is the 'head company' trading name and Windows were fitted by...Weatherseal a subsidiary company. I have had no contact from them despite them saying New Windows and door would be replaced in 5 days...now day 11, I have only paid a deposit but can I demand these Windows removed and 're fitted by alternative company, what do I do if I Don't hear from original company? Sorry so long winded...

[/b]

Sponsored Links
Hi

The window energy rating (wer) sticker on the frame is fitted by the manufacturer and if it states c they are c rated, this means that the whole frame and glass construction is tested and conforms to the minimum standard "c". If you ordered A rated frames they will need removing and replacing to comply.
If the external gasket is kinked or fitted incorrectly it will never fix itself, the only way to fix it is to de-glaze the window, fix the seal and re-glaze.

If the doors opening the wrong way then it is scrap and needs replacing,

If i was you i would find out which association they are registered with, it will be either certass or fensa and lodge a complaint for non compliance or wer rating and faulty fitting.

As Paul's said though don't bank on fensa getting too involved, notorious for doing nout for unhappy customers

As Paul's said though don't bank on fensa getting too involved, notorious for doing nout for unhappy customers

Thanks for the advice. Should i contact the company as i have still not heard from them, now two weeks

Sponsored Links
I think you should give the company one last chance to deal with this, send corresponce by email and by post recorded delivery, demand that the frames and glass are to be change as per quotation. If they're Fensa approved then you'll need to go through the Fensa Complaints Proceedure for Homeowners, make the company aware of this, membership to Fensa can be 'frozen' if a company fails to comply with certain procedures, your issue though may not be class as an issue for Fensa, if it was a building regs concern they'd probably be on it!! Luckily you've only paid the deposit, at least you have some pulling power in that respect. Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back